The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at West Rainton Primary School:
- Mrs Alison McDonough is the Head Teacher
- Reverend Michael Beck is our designated SEN Governor
- Mrs Susan Firth is our designated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator.
It is the SENDCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEND
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEND support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies, e.g. Early Years providers, other Schools, Educational Psychologists, Health and Social Care Professionals, and independent or voluntary bodies.
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date
- Liaise with potential next providers of education to ensure a pupil and their parents are informed about options and a smooth transition is planned.
- Coordinating provision for children with SEND
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 0191 584 3805 or sending an email to: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.